1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andriod Samsung Galaxy S Gt-i9000 - Flashing To Original Rom - Using Heimdall

Flashing To Original Rom - Using Heimdall for Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 -  |   Print

1. sgopala

sgopala www.FixMyStuff.In Staff Member

Money:
    $30,695
    This tutorial explains how to update to Stock ROM using Heimdall.

Heimdall is an open-source, cross-platform tool written by Benjamin Dobell which can flash complete ROMs, kernels, modems, etc to Samsung Galaxy S devices. It's preferable over Odin as its source code is open and it is therefore undergoing public development, and we can review the code. In comparison, Odin is a closed-source, Windows-only internal Samsung utility, and what we know very little about it.

Download Heimdall from here. You must have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributables installed on your system.

Download the ROM you desire to install:

Gingerbread:
    Froyo:

Installing Drivers:
    1. Extract the downloaded Heimdall zip file into a folder. Ensure that you have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributables installed on your system.
    2. Put your Samsung Galaxy S into download mode and plug it in.
    3. Run zadig.exe included in the Drivers subdirectory.
    4. From the menu chose Options -> List All Devices.
    5. From the USB Device list chose "Samsung USB Composite Device".
    6. Press "Install Driver", click "Yes" to the prompt and if you receive a message about being unable to verify the publisher of the driver click "Install this driver software anyway".
    Installing ROM:

Please note that this is risky and you would be doing it at your own risk. Noone, including me would or can be held responsible for any screw-up that you end up with. Also, please read the article very carefully and follow as instructed to avoid any complications. Best of luck.

This procedure will wipe your device and you will lose all your installed applications. So back-up before proceeding to the next steps.

Step 1: Open Heimdall's frontend (heimdall-frontend on Linux)

Step 2: Load the downloaded tar.gz into Heimdall

[​IMG]

Step 3: Press "Load / Customize"

Step 4: Reboot your phone in Download mode and connect it to your computer

Step 5 (optional): Customize the installation before flashing by removing or adding different files (such as pre-rooted kernels or different modems)

Step 6: Press "Start"

[​IMG]

Your phone will begin to flash and then reboot. Congratulations!!! Enjoy you original firmware...

Special thanks to Aorth for putting this together.

Sources:
    http://www.glassechidna.com.au/products/heimdall/
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1196179

[fbpop][/fbpop]
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Simone Sieli

Simone Sieli New Member

Money:
    $0
    All the link are broken for me they redirect on a site that want you to download a Download manager.
  3. sgopala

Money:
    $30,695
    Links updated, thanks for informing. :)
  4. Narayan

Narayan New Member

Money:
    $0
    The links are broken :(
  5. sgopala

Money:
    $30,695
    Fixed the links once and for all...Thanks,
  6. sgopala

Money:
    $30,695
    Fixed the links once and for all...Thanks,
  7. Ravi Haldania

Ravi Haldania New Member

Money:
    $750
    Hi!!!

The link for I9000-XXJVU isnt working...

I had tried to flash 4.2.2 Cyanogenmod ROM / Slim ROM / Tsunami ROM on my Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000-XXJVU.... Slim ROM isnt succeeding :( ... Cyanogenmod Nightly got installed but I lost my signal completely...

then i restored to my earlier flashed 4.0.3 but that too stopped showing any network signal... I am now worried that if any network signal will ever show again... I googled for solutions and realized the only way is to restore my phone back to its stock ROM (although i hv no idea wht Stock means in tht i only know ROM)... for that i tried to use the method and links on this thread but unfortunately the XXJVU link isnt working...

Please respond as soon as possible if I can get my network signal back without restoring it to 2.3.6 and further if i can flash 4.2.2 on my phone without any further problems.... u can also email me on [email protected]...

thanks a ton again :)
  8. sgopala

Money:
    $30,695
    Fixed the link...sorry a silly mistake.

Use this link to flash to original ROM [https://www.fixmystuff.in/FMS_Forum...ashing-to-original-rom-using-odin.46/#post-99]...Then root [https://www.fixmystuff.in/FMS_Forum...i9000-rooting-gt-i9000-2-3-3-india-ddjv9.47/] and then flash whatever you want :) should work.

Let me know if there is any problem you face. Thanks,
  9. Ravi Haldania

Ravi Haldania New Member

Money:
    $750
    Hi!!!

Thanks for d quick response :)

I will try to restore my phone and then root it again using the above links... but the SECOND LINK isnt working it seems... it says... "The requested page could not be found."

Does this mean that I am doing the process using Odin and not Hemidall???

Although I rooted the phone earlier but that was way to long back... plz update the 2nd link so that i can learn to root once again...Also I wanna ask one more thng... sud i do a sdcard format before starting the above process??? I want to clean everything in the phone to have more space and better speed so is that the rght way or is there another way???

Thanks a lot once again... please update the second link so that I can do the required process asap and have my phone with the network :) :) :)
  10. sgopala

Money:
    $30,695
  11. Ravi Haldania

Ravi Haldania New Member

Money:
    $750
    Hi!

Thanks again for getting the link up... just wanna add a small thing...

The Samsung Galaxy I have with me is purchased in Muscat, Oman... I hope that there wouldn't be any problem in using the above methods to restore it to its original self... just want to make sure so that I can go ahead without any kind of hesitations...
  12. sgopala

Money:
    $30,695
    Please go ahead, should not be a problem.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2
  13. Ravi Haldania

Ravi Haldania New Member

Money:
    $750
    Hi!!!

I am soo much in trouble... my computer doesnt recognize the device... how would i even start the process :(

I re-installed the samsung drivers then also it didnt recognized the device... now i am stuck with a phone in which everythng is working except the network...

Possible reason for my computer not recognizing the device could be that I changed the USB hub hardware coz it wasn't working properly... but didn't got it changed from Samsung... it was from an outside shop...

Could this be the reason??? the person did joined the hardware with the phone properly as it charges whenever connected to the computer...

Please lemme knw if there is any possible way to get my network signal back without connecting my phone to the system... may b wid sdcard???

Thanks... :)
  14. sgopala

Money:
    $30,695
    Please don't panic. Install kies from Samsung's site. Then goto task manager, close kies. Then try this process. Hope this will get your phone back working...

15. Ravi Haldania

Ravi Haldania New Member

Money:
    $750
    It didnt go thru :(

I did the following -

1. Started Kies
    2. Went to Task Manager
    3. "End Process" - Kies/Kies agent
    4. Put the phone on Downloading mode
    5. Started Odin
    6. Connected Phone...

Nothing Happened

7. Removed Phone & Closed Odin
    8. First Connected Phone then started Odin

Nothing Happened

Also please note that everytime i connected my phone to computer it said - USB Device not recognized :(

Any other way out friend???
  16. sgopala

Money:
    $30,695
    Can you try changing your USB cable or try on a different computer...

17. Ravi Haldania

Ravi Haldania New Member

Money:
    $750
    No help my dear friend :(

same response from every computer...

also i looked for the error which says - "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" I have no idea wht tht means... will try to google tht... meanwhile pls lemme knw if there is nythng tht can be done in this regard :(

thnks again for all d help n responses....
  18. emilio

emilio New Member

Money:
    $0
    Hello,
    the link for XWJSD isn't work.
  19. sgopala

Money:
    $30,695
    Sorry for the delay in reply, the link is working absolutely fine for me. Thanks,
  20. duarteaf

duarteaf New Member

Money:
    $250
    Hello sgopala,

I was trying to download both JVU and JVZ heimdall packages but both of them show a "finished" message after +/- 70% of the download...
    However, when I try opening he zip files, an error messages appears:
    "! D:\Downloads\XXJVU_heimdall.zip: Unexpected end of archive"

I had no internet connectiong failures during my several attempts so I suspect something else is causing it.
    Could you provide a link for me to use with jdownload or smth like that?

Thanks in advance! I've unsuccefully tried ODIN to get my phone back to stock several times but i'm unable to get the phone recognized so this is my last hope!

Best regards
    duarteaf
  21. sgopala

Money:
    $30,695
    Sorry but download is working absolutely fine for me, anyways, please try this direct link and let me know if it worked:

https://www.fixmystuff.in/downloads/GT-I9000/XWJVZ_heimdall.zip

Thanks,